Demonstrating drive, motivation and enthusiasm, you will participate in the design and preparation of engineering drawings using appropriate standards. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Preparing CAD drawings using AutoCAD and Revit;
- Organizing and maintaining a design and CAD digital file database for each project;
- Successfully carrying out design/project assignments as directed;
- Performing site investigations and field reviews;
- Attending site meetings and liaising with clients/contractors;
- Preparing detailed design of conceptual plan provided by the Engineer;
- Review and application of knowledge of relevant building codes and standards;
- Preparing HVAC load calculations, Energy Modelling, and equipment selections; and
- Preparing technical reports and specifications.
As our ideal candidate, you will have a relevant degree or diploma with up to 3 years of experience as a Designer/Engineer in the fields of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection and experience with the design of mechanical building systems and drawing preparation for commercial, multi-residential, industrial and institutional facilities.
To be successful in this role, you must be proficient with MS Office Suite, AutoCAD and Revit software and skilled in performing HVAC Load calculations and Energy Modelling for buildings.
In order to be an effective member of our cohesive team, you must exemplify our Core Values. You must be able to follow direction and have exceptional communication abilities, both verbally and in writing, along with strong organizational, technical, writing and computer skills. You must also be willing to bring your ideas to the table.
A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle on a regular basis are also required.